We provide local service, installation and repair for Northern Telecom / Norstar telephone systems including the Norstar CICS (Compact ICS), Norstar MICS (Modular Integrated Communications System), Norstar 616 and 824 Business Telephone Systems. We also support DR5 and DR4 software service for the Norstar Flash, Startalk Flash, NAM (Norstar Applications Module) and Call Pilot voicemail systems, RAD (remote access device) and analog port modules and STAs. We stock spare modules, components, parts and replacement for repair or service to your existing Norstar Meridian telephone system.
We have been in business servicing the local, Washington State business community for almost 15 years. We specialize in local maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of AT&T, Lucent and Avaya Telephone Systems for your office. Call us for service today!
Please Call Us Now To Service Or Repair Your AT&T Lucent Merlin BIS Telephone System
Northern Telecom first marketed and manufactured the product line under the SL-1 PBX or PABX large business telephone system. This evolved from the Meridian Norstar to the Nortel Norstar product line. First in size was the Meridian Norstar 616. This supported 6 incoming CO lines and 16 digital telephone extensions however, caller ID and voicemail were not supported. There is however a retrofit caller ID adapter that would all the passage of Caller ID data to the various M7310, M7324, M7100, M7208 small office telephone sets.
The next version of the Norstar Telephone System was the 824. This was an expandable office telephone system which would accommodate 8 incoming CO lines and 24 digital display speakerphone telephones installed. This as well as all the other Norstar Meridian product lines installed supported Music on Hold, External Paging and Page Horns and depending on the supported software level Flash or Startalk Voicemail as well with a standard installation. The Norstar Meridian 824 was also expandable to support Copper Expansion Modules to further grow in size supporting medium and large configurations. DR5 software with Disconnect Supervision (DS) is required to support an internal voicemail unit.
The Norstar CICS, also marketed under the name for Norstar Networks Compact ICS, ranges in size from a starting installer configuration with 4 incoming Central Office telephone lines and 8 digital display office telephones to as large as 8 incoming lines and 24 digital telephone extensions after initial installation. The size supported for the Norstar CICS is dependent upon the number of DS or CI trunk cartridges (line expansion cards) and software cartridge service or PCI card inserted into the CICS's PCI slot. Each DS or CI trunk module supports 4 incoming lines for service. The difference between the DS and the CI trunk module is that the CI supports Caller ID installation and the DS does not. The Norstar Compact ICS supports Startalk, Flash and Call Pilot Voicemail Systems. Other installations may vary.
The Norstar MICS (Modular Integrated Communications System) comes in a 0x16 configuration. This means that out of the box is supports no incoming telephone lines but 32 digital telephone extensions. The incoming CO lines are added by adding DS or CI trunk line cards to the system. The system can then be expanded by adding copper or fiber optic expansion modules. The system grows quite large and supports Startalk, Flash, Call Pilot and NAM (Norstar Application Module) Voicemail Systems.
The telephone models supported by the Norstar product line are all backwards compatible meaning that any telephone model is supported by any telephone system version installed. For example the newest telephone model which is the T7316E or T7316 can be used on the earliest 3X8 Norstar system. In addition, the earliest telephone such as the M7324 or the M7310 can be serviced and utilized on a BCM or MICS or CICS telephone system control module or KSU.
We maintain, service and repair all makes and models of business telephone system and small office telephone system Norstar releases.
|Feature||5||Last No. Redial|
|Feature||61||Page - Sets|
|Feature||62||Page - External Speakers|
|Feature||68||Class of Service|
|Feature||77||Call Duration Timer|
|Feature||83||Privacy on Lines|
|Feature||85||Do Not Disturb|
|Feature||86||Background Music on S|
|Feature||88||Block Voice Call|
|Feature||803||Display Date & Time|
|Feature||811||Caller ID Info|
|Feature||812||View Call Log|
|Feature||813||Manual Call Log|
|Feature||815||Deletes Call Log Items|
|Feature||#||Cancels a Feature|
|Feature||*2||Programs Autodial Key|
|Feature||*3||Programs Feature Key|
|Feature||*4||Program Speed Dial|
|Feature||*85||Assign Call Log Password|
|Feature||982||Norstar Voice Mail Direct|
To remove yourself from a conference permanently (unsupervised conference):
To put a conference on hold:
To split a conference:
To disconnect one party:
To independently hold two calls:
*Use to transfer callers to a telephone number.* While on first call, press [Link]. Wait for dial tone.Note: Use Transfer to transfer callers to an intercom number
* Dial next number, and hang up or wait for party to answer.
* If party answers, announce call, press [Link], and hang up.
* If no answer, press flashing line button to return to first call.
* Press [Feature]  .• To erase a message:
* Press [*] and [#] to view your message list.
* Press  to call the person who left you the message.
1. Press [Hold] while viewing a message.
* Internal Page
* [Feature]   and zone (0 to 6)*External Page
* Make a page announcement to all, or to a specific group of Norstar telephones, through the telephone speakers. Zone 0 pages all zones.* [Feature]  * Internal and External Page
* Make a page announcement through an external loudspeaker system.* [Feature]   and zone (0 to 6)
* Make a page announcement through both your Norstar telephone speakers and an external loudspeaker system. Zone 0 pages all zones.
1. Press [Feature] [*] 
2. Enter the ring type number (1 to 4).
3. Press [Hold]
1. To Make a Call Using a Speed Dial Code:1.Press [Feature] .2. To Program Personal Speed Dial Numbers:
2). Enter the two-digit code for the number (01 to 70 for system speed dial, 71 to 94 for personal speed dial).1. Press [Feature] [*] 
2. Enter a two-digit code from 71 to 94.
3. Specify the external line by pressing a line button, a line pool button, or the intercom button. If you don't specify the external line, the system automatically chooses a line for the call.
4. Dial the telephone number you want to program (up to 24 digits).
5. Press [Hold].
6. Record the code and number you have just programmed.
7. You cannot program personal speed dial numbers while someone else is programming your Norstar system.
1. Make or answer a call,• If an external call is transferred to a busy internal or network extension, or is not answered after a few rings, the call automatically rings you back.
2. Press [Feature]   (or press the [Transfer] button below your display).
3. Dial the intercom number where you want to transfer the call to.
4. Stay on the line if you wish to speak to the person first.
5. Press [Rls] to complete the transfer.